Sunday, November 28, 2010

Handmade Goodness

The holidays are here and this weekend officially kicks off the retail madness. Christmas has often been a stressful time for me because of all the "stuff". As a minimalist, there are very few buyable things that I feel I need, or even want. I did stumble across something that money can buy today in my quest for simplicity.

*ADD PHOTO*

This little plaque delicately solves the age old problem of having to ask people to please take off their shoes every time I have guests. I always feel annoying, so now this cute little sign can do the dirty work for me! Life just got a little bit easier, maybe 1%? It all adds up, I say.

I love raedunn's work. I stumbled across the San Fran ceramics artist while doing my search for "remove shoes signs" on Etsy, my favorite handmade goods website. Another favorite item is her fortune cookie ornament. What a great little gift idea!

Speaking of gifts, I fully recommend going handmade and supporting the arts community whenever possible. There's no better way to find a super unique and personalized gift. Richmond is having its very own Bizarre Market for the holidays as well. Currently being hosted on the upper level of Chop Suey in Carytown, find more information on the handmade fair here.

Kristen Ziegler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Update - I went to the Bizarre Market and it was awesome! If anyone is looking for gift ideas for me, they had beautiful handmade jewelry (wink). I bought some holiday cards myself. The market will be on the second floor of Chop Suey until December 24 - enjoy!