Saturday, January 22, 2011

Richmond Art

Contributing writer Emily Smith shared with me a wonderful piece of Richmond-made art recently. StudioSavvy, a local graphic design studio, created The Richmond Type Map. The design uses 533 layers of typography and 37 colors to create an incredibly unique and engaging map of Richmond. The art is environmentally friendly, too! These posters are printed on offset lithographic presses in Richmond, using 100 lb uncoated paper that is FSC certified and endorsed by the Rainforest Alliance. Pre-holiday sales helped raise money for Art 180. The 19" x 25" print is $40 and can be signed upon request.

I think I need one. I'm fairly picky about buying art and this piece is not only extremely well thought out and executed, but is also personal because it's a map of my home! Click here to purchase.

Kristen Ziegler

No comments: