Thursday, July 21, 2011

MCM on the Cheap

Today I had to drop off some donations for an organizing client at Diversity Thrift. I always like to pop in and see what Mid-Century Modern (MCM) furniture pieces they have - about a year ago I found an upholstered Eames DCM for $5, which sells for $250 on eBay! While it may not be an Eames chair, this retro sofa bed (currently at Diversity) has a lot of potential:


The color is much nicer in person.


Yep, just $59!

Ultimately it needs to be reupholstered, but it has great lines and would look very crisp with neutral furnishings and some graphic patterned pillows. The sleeper sofa aspect is handy for urban dwellings that lack a guest bedroom.

Kristen Ziegler

2 comments:

missemilyjones said...

great find! cant believe its been there since 6/19... if we didnt just buy an MCM couch, i'd totally scoop this one up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know right? I'm thinking about scoopin', but I feel like it might be a touch big for my place and I'm not ready to let go of my current sofa.