Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Online Savings

Last week I was doing some online shopping via The Container Store with an organizing client. We had racked up a pretty full "cart" of about $200 by the time we'd checked everything off our list. As a NAPO member I automatically receive 10% off at The Container Store, but thought I'd see if we could do a little better. My rule of thumb - ALWAYS do a Google search for discount coupons before confirming an online order. I am usually able to find one, whether it be 10-30% off or free shipping. RetailMeNot is my favorite site for said coupons. We were able to find a 20% off coupon for The Container Store, which (needless to say) made my client all the more pleased with my services.

Another great coupon site is Short Cuts. While not for online shopping, this eco-friendly concept allows you to "load" paperless coupons onto your Kroger (or other participating grocery store) card. Save money AND trees! What could be better?

For electronics and other gadgets, check out Lifehacker's "Gadget and Gear Deals of the Day". The site is almost like a free flow Real Simple-esque community forum, with a focus on technology from what I can tell.

For local deals here in Richmond, check out the Richmond Bargains blog.

Let's talk! Share your favorite online coupon/deal sites in the comments section.

Kristen Ziegler

No comments: