Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Calling All Architects and Designers!

Herman Miller is having a 70% off sale on their Eames molded plastic chair collection for qualifying A&D (Architecture & Design) firms. I have lusted after the iconic Eames Molded Plastic Rocker (RAR) for awhile now and just might use this opportunity to get one. I no longer work for an A&D firm, but I have friends whose orders I can piggyback on (wink wink). So basically, I would be getting this chair for $179 rather than $500-ish after tax.

The most important question is, which color? I have been obsessing all evening, and think I will get the "Greystone". I am not a woman of bold colors. My closet is filled with mostly white, grey and black. It's just who I am. The "Aqua Sky" is alluring, but I worry I would be making a lifelong commitment to that color which I'm not ready for. I like to keep my staple pieces neutral and mix in color via textiles and other accessories. Then when I get bored, I can change it up for cheap! That's my money saving design tip for the day. Over and out.

To get more information on the Herman Miller sale, contact your local representative. For Richmond, that would be Trip Vint with American Office @ (804) 673-8107. He's super nice and was actually the one who suggested piggybacking on a friend's order - very cool!

Kristen Ziegler

No comments: